4) The Party Leader will be appointed by the Party Membership for a 1-year term and the
following will apply:
4. a) The Party Leader and Deputy Leader, will have the power to nominate and appoint members to serve on the Governance committee.
4. b) A Party member may hold more than one position in the Party at anyone
4. c) Any member of the Party may be removed from the committee in a, Majority
vote of the Party.
4. d) A quorum for a Party shall be three members, or Leader and Deputy.
5) The Leader of the Party will oversight the general day to day running of the Party and will administer the directives of the Membership.
6) The Membership will have the following powers:
6. a) To establish branches and support groups throughout individual towns and Parishes and provide general oversight and guidance to these party units.
6. b) To take such steps as are necessary to raise funds in any legal way to advance and
finance party objectives.
6. c) To enter into any arrangement for cooperation with a party or body of persons
having objectives similar to Local Independent Party.
6. d) To produce and furnish literature as deemed necessary to promote the objectives of the organization. These must be agreed by the Leader and Deputy, before distribution.
7) All books, records, documents and funds received or held by any party
unit under this Constitution shall be deemed the property of the Folkestone and Hythe Independent Party and under the control of the Executive at all times.
8) The Executive may from time to time prescribe rules and regulations which
are to be observed by party members to protect and advance the interests of the Party.
9) Membership of the Party is open to any person who:
9. a) Is 16 years or older, and who agrees with the objectives of the Party.
9. b) Is not a member of another Political Party.
9. c) Who agrees to uphold and comply with the rules and Constitution of the
9. d) Pays the prescribed annual membership flee.